Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sweet Pea Pajamas

 A few months ago, I had the wonderful opportunity of testing a pattern for Blank Slate Patterns. It was my first time testing a pattern, and I was very excited! The pattern I tested was the a girl's pajama pattern called the Sweet Pea Pajamas. I tested the size 2T for my littlest sister.


The pajamas are a woven top and shorts that have bias tape finished edges. The top has little piped scallops along with cute little bows. The shoulder closes with snap tape, although Velcro would work just as well. The pattern is an advanced beginner to intermediate project and I would agree. The most difficult part was putting the piping in the scallops. It is so cute though!


As soon as I took the camera out, my little sister covered her face and cried. She doesn't like having her picture taken, no matter what you do! Most of the pictures look like this, but I did manage to get a few good ones of her wearing her new pajamas!


You may recognize the fabric I used. It is leftover from my Bebe dress that I made back in April. The 2T called for 1.5 yards of fabric, but I think I got away with less than that. The voile is the perfect weight for summer pajamas too!


She's much happier in this picture! She got a lot of wear out of these pajamas this summer, so it's a great pattern! The arms are a little long in this version, but there were some adjustments made to the final pattern to fix this. Overall, they were a quick sew and were fun to make!

What have you been sewing lately?

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable! And so is her pajamas :) I think they are too cute to be pajamas but that is just my opinion. I can imagine the difficulty with the scallops! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete