Friday, August 8, 2014

Updates and a Question

Hello, dear neglected blog!! I have missed you! Between working at summer camp, going on vacation to SD, and visiting family and friends, my summer has been really busy! I'm home now until school starts, so I have been doing a lot of sewing. Hopefully I will be able to share some of my projects with you soon!


Just a few days ago, I found this beautiful fabric when I was shopping at the thrift store with my aunt. It is a lightweight cotton fabric, maybe even chambray. Almost 4 yards for only $3.99!! I love the colors in it and I think it would make a fantastic dress. However, I have a little problem. I don't know which pattern I should use! I looked through all my dress patterns and have narrowed it down to two. Both are by Kay Whitt, one of my favorite pattern designers. Either the Sally Shirtdress Dress or the Flirty Tunic Dress (from her book).


I have made the Sally Shirtdress before, and I think it would be really cute in this fabric, however I would have to match a lot of stripes and make a lot of buttonholes. I have never made the dress from Kay Whitt's book and I think it's cute, but I don't know if the fabric I bought is right for it. I would do it all in one fabric.

So, my question for you is which dress do you think I should make?

~Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. The Kay Whitt pattern looks fun and I think the fabric would do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're both nice but if i had a preference the shirt dress would be the one

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make the Sally shirt dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the Tunic Dress... Let us know what you decide, and good luck! Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sally shirt dress is my most favorite thing you've ever made :D I vote for that! I love that fabric too!

    ReplyDelete