Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Ugly Christmas Sweater

It's the time of the year for Christmas parties. Many times those parties have a theme and sometimes it is "Ugly Christmas Sweater". Last year, was my first time experiencing an Ugly Christmas sweater party. I had no idea what to wear! All my sweaters were pretty (in my opinion anyway)!

As luck would have it, a friend gave me this beautiful sweater vest:


However, it was too plain. I got it the afternoon of the party. Boy, did I have work to do!

I have a lot of my sewing supplies at school, so I was sure I could find something to spruce up the sweater! I found green felt, ribbon, red felt and Christmassy fabric. I also found some bits of tinsel left over from decorating.

I only had a few hours before the party, so I got busy! First, I cut out a Christmas tree from the green felt and pinned it on to the sweater.

 
Sewing was next:

 
I added some red ribbon to the bottom.

 
It was too plain and needed more pizazz. A little tinsel and trim here, a little red felt there...much better!
 
 
Finally, a bow to top it all off.

 
Ta-da! The finished project!
 

Finally, here are a couple pictures from the party last year. We had a fashion show of everyone's ugly sweaters. I won the prize for "most creative".



It was a fun time had by all!

Have you ever been to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party? What did you wear?

~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - this is the cutest thing! That's awesome you were able to make your own, totally something I would do if given the chance. It turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete