Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A Year in Review

Happy New Years Eve! It's hard to believe 2014 is right around the corner. It was a busy, whirlwind of a year, but it was also a wonderful year. I have learned so much, completed another semester of school and of course found time to sew.

I wrote 32 blog posts this year, less than I hoped to do, but it's a decent amount especially since school takes up the majority of my life and I was away all summer working at camp, so I did not sew at all during those 3 months. :(  However, I did manage to blog some each month!

I made several projects, many of which did not get blogged. I estimate about 35 garments were made along with other small projects (purses, zipper pouches, etc.).

My three favorite projects of the year:

 The Lady Skater dress - my new favorite pattern
 
The Madeline Maxi Dress - in which I conquered the invisible zipper and wrote a post on Made it with Moxie for Selfish Sewing Week.
 
Last, but not least:

The Flip Vest - where I went crazy and sewed six vests for my little brothers and sister.

Next year, I plan to keep better track of my projects on this blog. I made my sisters and I matching dresses for Christmas using red lace. They are made of the same fabric, but all are different patterns. 2013 may be almost over, but I still plan on sharing those dresses here with you. I have a few other projects I recently made as I spent the weekend at my aunt's house and we accomplished a lot of sewing.

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and taking the time to comment. I appreciate you all so much! Happy New Year!!

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Great picks! Here's to a great start to 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the little zipper pouch you paid forward to me. I finally blogged about it (i haven't been blogging as much lately either) http://tamaraboatright.blogspot.com/2014/01/long-arm-table-for-2500.html

    ReplyDelete