Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Closet Case Pouf Pattern



Today I have a new project to share! This is the free floor pouf pattern from Closet Case Patterns. I have been wanting to make it ever since it came out because it is the perfect scrap busting project. Not only can you use scraps for the pouf itself, but the pouf is stuffed with scraps! I have been saving bags of unusable scraps for at least the past few years. 



The denim fabric is left over from jeans I made for my brother. The cottons are all fabric I won from being on Project Run and Play a few years ago. Now I will have memories of that time in my living room! The tutorial recommends using piping around the top and bottom. I didn't have any in my stash, so I made a sort of faux piping, or binding. I only did the top and I like how it turned out. 



The pouf was a quick sew once I had all the pieces cut out! The most fun part was stuffing it full of scraps!


The bottom is two half circles with an invisible zipper. I made a drawstring bag to hold all the scraps. That way the outside is washable if needed. 


The pouf is perfect for putting my feet up after a long day, or sitting on (as I am doing right now)!


How many scraps are in my pouf? I don't know, but it was ten plastic bags worth that I have saved over the last three or four years. It's surprising how much you can stuff in there!


An in progress photo of stuffing the pouf. 


Some of the bags of scraps that went into my pouf. There were ten bags of those sizes total!


Getting the layout perfected. 


Layout part two. 


Isn't the pouf a great addition to my living room?

 ~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment