Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy New Year!!

Happy 2016 to all my readers!! After a somewhat unplanned break from blogging, I am back and ready for the new year.

My favorite sewing accomplishments from 2015: 

1) The Felicity Dress

This dress is one of my favorites I have ever made. I love the gathered bodice and the pockets. It was somewhat of a challenge to sew because the rayon kept shifting around as I cut it out. I was also on a time crunch but I was able to finish it in time to wear it for graduation and my pinning ceremony.



2) The Marigold Dress

The fabric is my favorite part of this dress. I was also able to learn how to sew sleeve plackets. They're not perfect but I'm still practicing! It is a great year-round dress as well - I can roll up the sleeves in the warmer months and layer in the colder months.



3) The Moto Jacket

I had a great time testing this pattern for Jenn of A Jennuine Life. The pattern gave me an opportunity to be creative by upcycling a denim skirt and a sweater. I learned how to make welt pockets and was able to sew for my little brother - something I don't do often! He really liked his jacket as he wore it many times this past fall! 



Personal accomplishments from 2015: 

1) Graduation!

Graduation from college was a huge accomplishment for me and it was such a happy day! After four years of hard work I was finally graduating with my nursing degree. 



2) Running my first Half-Marathon

I have been running since high school but never super long distances, so to run 13.1 miles was a huge accomplishment! I trained with a group of girls from college and we all ran the half marathon together - exactly one week before graduation. It was hard work but it was worth it and maybe I will run another one someday. 


3) Passing my NCLEX and starting my first nursing job

This one speaks for itself. I studied hard in the weeks after graduation and passed my exam for my RN license!! It was very stressful and I can't say I would want to do it again. Job hunting and getting interviews was stressful but I eventually was hired at my first job and have been there almost 6 months! It's crazy how fast time flies!

Sewing Goals for 2016: 

1) Challenge myself with learning new skills.

2) Sew a pair of jeans.

3) Enjoy the process!

Now that I have a full time job it has been harder to spend time sewing and blogging. There is so much I want to sew but I just need to be patient and enjoy the process - I don't always have to finish a project in one or two sewing sessions! 

Looking back on the year I didn't sew or blog as many projects as the years before and that's okay. I want to focus on making what I really want to wear and focus on quality sewing over quantity.

Thank you for reading and Happy New Year!

~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated New Year to you Elizabeth! :) I look forward to seeing your makes in 2016.

    ReplyDelete