Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Covert Robin

the covert robin button
 
 
Hello Everyone! This week has been crazy busy with studying for midterms. I have to survive two more weeks and then it is spring break! I'm hoping to do a little sewing over break, since I haven't had much time lately.  
 
 Back in February I signed up for the Covert Robin mystery gift exchange over at imagine gnats. We make something handmade for our person and we will receive something handmade from someone else. No one knows who their partner is.
 
We have all received our partners now, and so I am really excited to get started on her gift! However, she doesn't have a blog so I only know her name and where she's from. That's all I know! I have participated in swaps before, but this is the first time that I have no idea what to make.
 
Do you have any ideas for me? What would you make?  
 
~Elizabeth
 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm: A cute purse, a makeup bag, a spring scarf, spring themed fabric flowers that you could put on pins... Hope some of those might help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe make something that she can use on a day-to-day basis. Like a pillowcase, quilted potholders, fleece throw, coasters, tote bag, etc. Everyone needs these type of items. Whenever I use household objects like this that are handmade, it brings a smile to my face. In case your interested, here are some quilted potholder instructions that I put together a few years ago: http://artandneedlework.blogspot.com/2009/10/fireproof-quilting.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google your person or see if you can find them on pinterest. my covert swap was a person that doesn't blog much but I did find her on Pinterest and this helped a great deal. If her name is to common this can be tricky and you might want ot have your swap mama email her to get her pinterest or facebook information so that you can stalk her better.

    ReplyDelete