Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Friday Finds and Some Thrifting

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did! I spent it at home with my family, worked a couple of days and didn't even open my textbooks. These next couple of weeks before finals will be spent studying hard though and then I get a month long break! Yay!

On Black Friday, I went shopping with my mom and sisters but we waited until late morning. We went to Joann Fabrics, Kohl's and Target.

At Joanns I found some fleece, zippers, and interfacing. There was a great deal on interfacing, so I bought five yards. The fleece was on sale for a really good price too (somewhere around $4/yd). I bought some zebra print and solid blue fleece to make a gift for a friend.

 
The next stop was Kohl's. I was looking for some fashion boots that would look nice with skirts and would also be comfortable. I found some that were the last pair in my size!
 

 
Target didn't have a lot of deals, but I did find some mustard colored tights and fleece-lined leggings. The fleece leggings are so warm to wear in the cold weather under my skirts! I also found a frying pan because none of my roommates have one big enough to cook anything in and we cook fairly often.
 
When I was home over the Thanksgiving break, I went to check out a new thrift store that has just opened in our town. They have clothes, games, shoes, some toys and games, and some antiques. The antique stuff is priced higher but the clothes are very reasonable. I found two things for myself and one thing for my sister.
 
 
Isn't this a beautiful sweater? I bought it for my 9 year old sister and it fits her perfectly. It was only $5.
 
 
I found this sweater for myself. It was $2.


 
 
This jacket was only $5 and it is a forever 21 brand. The hem on one sleeve is undone, but that's something I can easily fix.
 
Did you go Black Friday shopping? I'd love to hear what kind of deals you found!

~Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Great finds Elizabeth! I especially love your boots and that great tan coat! :D

    I was tempted by lots of fabric on black Friday but never ended up getting any. I did hint to my mom that a gift certificate for fabric would be great for Xmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots ! I wish we had black friday here in France...Thankfully, H&M currently has some holidays sales and I got a cute henleys and 2 tshirts (a striped one and one that I refashioned...Check out my blog next week to see what happened to that shirt !)...And anyways, I'm saving money for Christmas gifts, which is not so bas ;-)
    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the craft supply stores were a great place to go on Black friday! I wanted to go there, but I didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete