Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sally Dress



Happy November! I hope you are all doing well. I am studying hard and counting down each day until the end of the semester! I have not had a lot of time for sewing or blogging, but I though I would share this dress I made over the summer. It's the Sally Dress from Very Shannon and I made it way back in August.


It is a very sweet dress with a square neckline, fully lined bodice, huge pockets, and the best part - no closures! The square neckline allows the dress to slip right over the head and the pointed shoulders are a fun detail that allow it to stay on without slipping off. 


This is how Miss V really felt about taking pictures that day, but it's also the best one I have that shows the full length of the dress. Funny fact: my sister cried when I first showed her the dress, but now she loves wearing it. Two year olds can be so silly sometimes! 

The pockets may be my favorite part of the dress. They are so big and perfect for little girls who like carrying everything around. My sister isn't too interesting in them right now, but maybe when she's older. 


I also made a purple Sally dress and I think both are so cute! The purple dress is the short sleeve view and the brown/fallish dress is the elbow length view. Next time I make a Sally dress, I want to try using more that one fabric. There are so many different variations you could come up with using this pattern!



I added a nice contrasting ribbon to the pocket and I really like what it adds to the dress. It's hard to tell, but I also topstitched the ribbon on with a decorative flower stitch. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day and are staying warm!

 ~Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Such a great job on these! I love the brown one because it has that vintage feeling and the purple one looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute, Elizabeth. I've had the pattern for ages and still haven't sewn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a cutie, and that dress turned out adorable! It's a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you used, and your sister is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete